[Talk-us] Question about incorrect data for an administrative area

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 18:49:12 UTC 2013

Jay,

I don't think the data is incorrect.  If you look at the City of Las Vegas
webmap (
http://clvplaces.appspot.com/apps/interactive/clvpi.htm#ctrLat=36.27433191227921&ctrLng=-115.18729447119142&zoom=11&layers=|10435|10010&userMarkers=0&mapType=roadmap)
and turn on the Cities and City Limits layers, you'll see that the City of
Las Vegas itself is just part of the Las Vegas urban area.  So,
administratively, those boundaries seem to be correct.

If you're concerned about what shows up in the openstreetmap.org Search (ie
- Nominatim), as Toby said, there are some issues.  However, I think
they're more with how Nominatim uses the data than the data itself.  One
way around it, which I mentioned in an earlier response, may be to use the
zip code instead of city name in a search.

Cheers,
Brad