[Talk-us] Local user groups

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Jan 22 12:59:22 UTC 2014

On Jan 22, 2014 12:09 AM, Brian DeRocher <brian at derocher.org> wrote:

  The publicity aspect of Meetup really gets people to your events.  Though i wonder if these people are the long term contributors to OSM that we want.

You control that in part with the way that you write your event announcement.  If we can write an announcement that inspires potential long term, foot surveying, conscientious  appears, then that is who will show up.  If we write an event announcement that says, "you are expected to map remotely in a sweatshop environment for endless hours" then that appeals to an entirely different audience. :-)

Sadly,I haven't I discovered a perfect script for an event announcement to get only our target audience, and those in huge numbers.