[Talk-us] Who controls data: Google Maps, others erasing Hollywood sign, but it's in OSM

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Nov 28 19:14:10 UTC 2014

I'm willing to argue both cases.  Having a role=label relation may be
useful where it may be otherwise ambiguous to properly form a cogent
label.  However, in the Hollywood sign's case, just rendering each letter
as a label would be obvious to most people (albeit somewhat unusual) and
helpful (since it's possible navigate in Hollywood relative to the H and
the D in that sign, something that I generally do to orient myself since,
despite having lived just over the hills in the valley for a number of
years, I never learned the street names out of a lack of need).

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 3:05 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com