[Talk-us] User going around adding '-' to ref tags in Michigan

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Sep 26 19:28:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> I did do a screenshot, showing rendering in the Seattle area based on
> route relations: https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-
> carto/issues/596#issuecomment-57001666

This seems broken, especially places where multiple highway networks have
ambiguous numbers in the same area (like I 110 and CA 110, which intersect,
US 412 and OK 412P, which intersect, or US 64 and OK 364, which intersect
(and I'm actually surprised OK 364 isn't I 644).  In much of the world, you
really do need to include the shields for it to make any real sense.  Check
out what Toby's got going on (link to Oklahoma County, which has full route
relations): http://openstreetmap.us/~toby/shields.html#12/35.4969/-97.5682