[Talk-us] Moving historic railroad ways from OSM to OpenHistoricalMap

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Apr 1 14:05:42 UTC 2015

On 4/1/15 3:14 AM, Mike Dupont wrote:
> Here in Kansas we have very many abandoned railways (and many pickup
> trucks to replace them) that are turned into trails or paved over and
> still visible. I would say if there is any sign of them left to keep
> the information in some way.

this is a circumstance for which i think we need to talk things out.

given that OHM exists and works, the situation has evolved a
bit. i know that when i'm looking at inactive race facilities, there's
a very grey area when it comes to putting them in OHM vs OSM,
and i've not been as consistent as i should be about it, in large
part because i'm uncertain about where the dividing line really
should be, and to what extent i should take non-spatial data
into account.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux