[Talk-us] Great Lakes Boundaries

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:37:52 UTC 2015

AJ,

Thanks for your message and your interest in this topic.

I have been reluctant to remove the natural=water tag from the relation (I
am not the one that added it).  I was worried that it might have widespread
unintended consequences. However, given your and maxerickson's suggestion,
I say we go ahead and do it.  The rendering is very unpredictable the way
things stand.  The rendering may be fine early in the day, and then later,
with no change to geometry or tagging, it is broken (e.g. islands
"flooded").  "Dirtying" the tiles fixes the problem...until the next day.

I also suggest we document this on the wiki, explicitly saying not to add
the natural=water tag to the Great Lakes unless there is a discussion on
these lists (thanks for including the Canadian list on your reply btw).

Mike