[Talk-us] access road routing - two real world cases

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Thu Jan 1 19:39:13 UTC 2015

>i suppose OSM could use access=permissive for
>the preferred route, but that usage doesn't match
>well with the current language for permissive.

Richard, I'm not sure this is a perfect solution, but it could work.
What about using access=destination ("Only when travelling to this
element...") on that segment where traffic should be "directed to" by
a router, then adding a rule to the router to be sensitive to
access=destination segments?  This would actually solve the problem
and make the router even better than for just this exact case.
However, while it might overload the semantics for
access=destination, through careful implementation of the router
rule, it could improve it.

SteveA
California