[Talk-us] access road routing - two real world cases

Harald Kliems kliems at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 23:00:58 UTC 2015

I don't think that this is a tagging but a routing problem. It seems easy
enough to me to program a router "do not use roads with access=private
unless they are the first or last segment of a route" or something along
those lines.

RE: access=destination. Not sure  what the convention is in the US, but in
Germany this is mainly used for public roads open only to people living or
having business to do on the road, usually to prevent through-traffic.
There is an official road sign for this
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anlieger#mediaviewer/File:Zusatzzeichen_1020-30.svg

 Harald.