[Talk-us] RE; Bike route relation issues

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:53:10 UTC 2015

Regarding

>   the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route:
>         http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3161159
>

> I have three comments:

1) The first one is that as far as I know it is not signposted, so it
should not be in OSM as a relation.
Only if the ACA have plans to put signs up, it could became a proposed
route (state=proposed).
OSM is not the place to put unsigned routes, even if they are very
important. Obviously this issue is for Kerry Irons to answer, as its one of
their routes

2) if it is to be in OSM it is a national route (ncn)

3) if it is a "Mountain bike Route" by name, I suppose it is also in
reality, so most likely it would be route=mtb (Kerry to decide)

Obviously it would be a pity to lose all the work Jimmy FL has put in it,
but OSM should not become the repository of "private" routes.

Volker
Padova/Italy