[Talk-us] National Forest "nature_reserve"?

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:13:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Russell Deffner <russell.deffner at hotosm.org>
 wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>

> Sorry I don’t follow this topic more closely but I would think with the
> mixed-used of national forests, it is best to use boundary=protected_area

After reading the wiki page Russ linked to, this seems correct as one of
the sub-types is "Protected area with sustainable use of natural
resources:" Along
with leisure=nature_preserve the national forests in question are already
also tagged with boundary=protected_area

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Really a US national forest is landuse=forest, except that the
> landuse=forest tag has the (not really right) connotation of trees as
> landcover.

Agreed with both points, and the national forests in question are also
tagged landuse=forest.

MIke