[Talk-us] A note about bags and security at SOTM-US

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Jun 4 13:31:46 UTC 2015

On 6/4/15 2:03 AM, Toby Murray wrote:
> Well ok, I guess this is primarily targeted at anyone who was planning
> on bringing a backpack. I'm sure I can fit what I need for a day in a
> bag this size as well. But any "normal" backpack is going to be 16-18
> inches tall and too large for the UN. This is what I have used at
> previous conferences because it's what I happen to have and I've seen
> plenty of others with backpacks as well so I thought it was worth a
> warning. And while my laptop bag IS on the large side, it is by no
> means an unreasonable size to grab as a carry-on for an airplane ride
> and expect to use at the conference once you get there. Again, I've
> certainly seen 16-18" briefcases and laptop bags at other conferences
> so it is worth double checking.

i'd like some clarification on this as well. i have a rather standard
sized shoulder bag for my laptop and it's 3 inches too wide. in fact, a lot
of laptops are too big to fit the maximum sized bag listed. my
macbook air is 13" wide, i will need to scramble to find a conforming
14" wide bag before tomorrow at lunch time. a 15" laptop would
be problematic.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux