[Talk-us] cycle.travel US bike routing, and unreviewed rural TIGER

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Jun 16 03:06:43 UTC 2015

Minh Nguyen writes:
 > You aren't alone. I stopped bothering with tiger:reviewed tags back in
 > the Potlatch 1 days. It just isn't a well-designed tag:
 >
 > - not very discoverable to mappers who weren't around in 2008

Makes ways a sickly yellow if you edit using JOSM.

 > - doesn't say whether the names, classification, or geometry was
 > reviewed, or whether the review covered the entire way

I remove it when I've checked (usually via field survey, but sometimes
when someone else that I know has been there) that the name is
correct, and ensured that the geometry is correct. I used to just
remove tiger:reviewed, but now I remove all the tiger: tags.

 > But I think it'd be unfortunate to totally discount
 > tiger:reviewed=no ways.

I think the usual thing to do is check to see if DaveHansenTiger is
still the owner.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog