[Talk-us] Proposing import of sidewalk data Seattle, WA, USA

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Tue Aug 2 13:28:26 UTC 2016

Meg this is excellent!

Thank you for sharing your plans with `talk-us` and `talk-us-pugetsound`.  I’m looking forward to seeing this public data source imported into OpenStreetMap.  Given that your team is located in Seattle and is very involved with the local community there, I don’t see any issues.

I think it is great that you are following the same process used by the various building import projects in other cities, and that you are taking responsibility for manual review of the data prior to importing.

Also, I’ve reviewed the proposed sidewalk schema and it aligns perfectly with North American sidewalk tagging conventions.

Good luck and let me know if I can be helpful in any way..

Bryan