[Talk-us] Check your turn:lanes

David Mease meased3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:58:10 UTC 2016

>From the wiki:

The *turn*=* key can be used to specify the *indicated* direction in which
a way or a lane will lead. It is used on the way segment from the first
indication via *road markings*, *signposts* or similar indications to the
junction or completion of merge. If you instead want to specify legal
turning restrictions please see the article about the restriction relation
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Restriction>.

The turn:lanes schema is for identifying the painted/signed lane marking
arrows, not for describing where you can legally go from that lane. That's
what the turn restriction relation is for.

Putting "through" on a lane means that there is a straight arrow painted on
it. Putting "none" on a lane means that there is no marking.