[Talk-us] TIGER fixup for Hurricane Harvey potential impact areas

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 05:09:00 UTC 2017

On Aug 25, 2017 1:59 PM, "Brian May" <bmay at mapwise.com> wrote:

Calling all TIGER fixup junkies. I've been poking around the coastal areas
of Texas where Hurricane Harvey is expected to make landfall and seeing a
lot of TIGER fixup needed. More and more websites depend on OSM so it would
be nice to provide more accurate and updated info than what is there now.
Maps and GIS are going to be heavily relied on especially after the storm.

I find it interesting that US is called on to save the world. Will there be
a HOT activating for Texas? Will we get any new imagery for the area? Are
local agencies so well prepared that there is no need to use OSM?