[Talk-us] TIGER fixup for Hurricane Harvey potential impact areas

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Mon Aug 28 14:51:24 UTC 2017

Cliff,

Thanks for pointing out the png issue. If you choose png format, JOSM
will automatically make it transparent, because it adds transparent=true
to the generated WMS URL. And best to choose image/png; mode=8bit to
reduce the size of the image generated on the server, which helps with
speed on slow connections.

Also, if anyone has suggestions on the styling, please chime in. The
labels are a bit large, but they stand out.

Brian