[Talk-us] Proposition for changing the common name tag

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Thu Aug 16 18:51:07 UTC 2018

W dniu 16.08.2018 o 19:33, Jack Burke pisze:
> Yes, when people say "United States" they typically mean America and
> not Mexico, but the USA is just as often referred to as "America" as
> it is "United States," which is another reason not to proceed with the
> change.

Hi, Jack!

I think that key word here is "common" - for me "typically mean America
and not Mexico" is a clear example of common use.

English is a foreign language for me, but I have also never heard about
"United States" in the meaning Mexico ("United Mexican States"), which
makes this case stronger for me.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]