[Talk-us] Leonia, NJ doesn't want you to navigate through

Andrew Matheny andrewdmatheny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:42:40 UTC 2018

>are there matching street signs ?

I'm not sure. But if we know a street has legally-restricted access, I
think our tagging should match that access regardless of whether there's a
sign or not.

Example: Service roads inside an apartment complex (usually tagged
"access=private") are an example of tagging access without a sign.

If anything, I'm betting they'll have signs posted on the unaffected major
streets at city limits, which is where you'll often see signs about cell
phone usage while driving or red light cameras.

>of course, a better approach would be adding traffic calming features or
making roads one-way so that cut-through would not be beneficial much.

Respectfully, I don't think mapping features that don't actually exist is a
good practice in the long-run.

I think a conditional access tag is the best way to go here, since it's the
only one that will restrict access according to the city's ordinance.

Thanks,

Andrew

On Jan 8, 2018 1:28 PM, "Rihards" <richlv at nakts.net> wrote:

On 2018.01.08. 21:07, Andrew Matheny wrote:
> I believe the affected streets would just need a conditional access tag,
no?

> Something like:
>
> access:conditional=destination @ (06:00-10:00; 16:00-21:00)

are there matching street signs ?
of course, a better approach would be adding traffic calming features or
making roads one-way so that cut-through would not be beneficial much.
the reporting segment did not portray the local govt as being very
competent.

> Thanks,
>
> Andrew
>
> On Jan 8, 2018 12:55 PM, "Jack Burke" <burkejf3 at gmail.com
> <mailto:burkejf3 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'll leave it to others to decide what, if anything, we should do
>     about this.
>
>     http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/leonia-streets-off-
navigational-apps/
>     <http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/leonia-streets-off-
navigational-apps/>

>     --jack
>
>     --
>     Typos courtesy of fancy auto spell technology
 Rihards