[Talk-us] admin_level=8 boundaries in Parker County, TX

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:48:48 UTC 2018

Both of those are different from the boundaries in TX GIS systems (mainly
TxDOT).  The T-17 is closer than the ancient Tiger, but still slightly
different.

http://gis-txdot.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/09cd5b6811c54857bd3856b5549e34f0_0?geometry=-97.702%2C32.666%2C-97.619%2C32.721&mapSize=map-maximize

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 1:36 PM Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> Frederik,
>
> These boundaries are often very outdated. I don't know which TIGER vintage
> they were imported from. I have been replacing them piecemeal from current
> TIGER as I work, but we should probably replace them altogether and have a
> plan to keep them updated. I don't think they interfere with other features
> much, but obviously that should be researched.
>
> As for this specific case, current boundary from TIGER 2017 in brown, OSM
> in green: https://cloud.rtijn.org/s/bpxPffp6ycm8rF7
>
> --
>   Martijn van Exel
>   m at rtijn.org
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018, at 05:10, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently traced a little bit of stuff in Annetta, TX. The area I
> > looked at had a lot of potential for someone interested in mapping from
> > aerial imagery (houses, tracks, driveways, parking missing; some
> > driveways tagged as highway=residential etc.) and I did what I could in
> > the small area I worked on, but there was one thing I didn't dare touch
> > and that's admin boundaries. The ones I encountered often cut straight
> > through residential buildings and I thought that can't be right, but I
> > know too little about boundaries in the US to fix any of it. I am
> > specifically talking of
> >
> > https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/114418
> >
> > and
> >
> > https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/33245202
> >
> > - maybe someone local wants to give them a closer look. Maybe it's ok
> > the way it is. The Annetta North boundary is relatively straight but has
> > one wobbly bit, is there maybe a waterway missing in OSM?
> >
> > Bye
> > Frederik
> >
> > --
> > Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik at remote.org  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"