[Talk-us] Forest Routes

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Nov 20 16:57:50 UTC 2018

Frederik,
I don’t remember it being widely discussed / agreed upon.
When I map these roads I include the FS number (just the number) as a ref, since that is how they are signposted in the field. https://dcasler.com/2011/06/16/owl-creek-pass-getting-there-from-ridgway/ <https://dcasler.com/2011/06/16/owl-creek-pass-getting-there-from-ridgway/> has an example (very bottom image) but other variations of such a sign are common as well.
The printed maps I have include these numbers as well and generally they are an important guidance instrument when navigating FS terrain.
Martijn