[Talk-us] Address data for Miami Florida United States

Levente Juhász jlevente89 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:17:31 UTC 2018

Hey,

As far as licenses go, these datasets are public domain so no other action
is needed.

As for all the other things, we gave this project a try in 2016 and
imported a large chunk of Large Buildings with address points back then. It
was meant to be a community project where we aimed to engage local mappers
in OSM activities, too. This other objective was not fully achieved, though.

Anyway, here are a few resources that you might find useful.

Wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Miami-Dade_County_Large_Building_Import
Import account: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MiamiBuildingsImport
Tool: https://github.com/jlevente/MiamiOSM-buildings (for your #2 and #3)
The Tasking Manager we used to coordinate follow ups and quality checks is
currently offline (but I still have the database).

+1 An open access publication summarizing the finding, more from an
academic point of view:
Juhász, Levente, and Hartwig H. Hochmair. "OSM Data Import as an Outreach
Tool to Trigger Community Growth? A Case Study in Miami." ISPRS
International Journal of Geo-Information 7.3 (2018): 113.
http://www.mdpi.com/2220-9964/7/3/113

Cheers,
Levente

Levente Juhasz