[Talk-us] Amazon's Organized College Campus Editing

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jul 26 12:10:16 UTC 2021

Jul 26, 2021, 10:57 by talk-us at openstreetmap.org:

> Like, I have questions here. Did they get explicit permission from these colleges to copy their possibly copyrighted campus map renders?

Have you tried contacting organizers? Or managed to locate them? How you know
that it is Amazon?

> Does this fall within the scope of their original organized editing plan they submitted to the community on their wiki page? Like, it's one thing to use your own data to submit changes to the map, but using someone else's map data?

from what I see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activities has just
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activities/Amazon
that is clearly for something else.

> I posted this on the OSM.us slack and the OSM World discord server but didn't get much feedback, so maybe the community in the mailing list has more to say about this.

I would consider contacting DWG

> The following is a list of changesets (as examples) that source a college's rendered map for their changes:

I contacted this mappers via changeset comments.

Response in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/108605472
seems to be worrying.