[Openstreetmap] osmpedit - Perl/Tk editor for osm

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sun Dec 4 00:57:18 GMT 2005

Hi Tommy

* @ 03/12/05 07:10:03 PM tpe at ida.liu.se wrote:

> Since I wanted to be able to edit data without starting a web browser
> (my living room computer only has 128M memory and a 300MHz CPU :-) and
> I wanted to experiment with tags and displaying the data in different
> ways I wrote my own editor.  And since this is a hobby project I wanted
> to have fun also so I wrote the editor in Perl/Tk.
>
> It now has so much functionality that it might be useful for other
> people.  To test it you have to know how to install Perl modules from
> CPAN since I seem to have used some modules that are not in Debian
> unstable at least.  The editor is avaliable here:
>
>      http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/osmpedit-0.003.tar

I got it all installed with a few apt-gets and calls to CPAN and
allowing `install Tk::JPEG` to talk to the X server for its tests.

> Comments and suggestiond for new functionality are very welcome.  It
> is relatively easy to add new functionality.  The hard part is to
> decide what you want to have and how you want the interface to work.

I'd like to be able to specify a lat and lon, or have the tiling
threaded, it can take some time to zoom out. Whilst trying I ran in to a
bug:

DRAW OSM FOR 58.6 58.2 16 15.2
Set scale to 1600
Tk::Error: Illegal division by zero at landsat.pm line 472.
 Tk callback for .frame2.button6
 Tk::__ANON__ at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/Tk.pm line 247
 Tk::Button::butUp at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/Tk/Button.pm line 111
 <ButtonRelease-1>
 (command bound to event)

> Notice that landsat tiles are cached and you can scroll smoothly just
> by "moving" the background image.

That is pretty. Is it projected? I couldn't tell.

If you want access to the OSM subversion repository or anything else so
that others can help and hack on your code and so on, you're more that
welcome to have it.

have fun,