[Openstreetmap] osmpedit - Perl/Tk editor for osm

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Sun Dec 4 01:19:02 GMT 2005

> From: SteveC <steve at asklater.com>
> I'd like to be able to specify a lat and lon,

You can specify the lat and lon on the command line:

perldoc osmpedit

SYNOPSIS
       osmpedit [--lat lat] [--lon lon] [--user user] [--passwd passwd]
                [track1.gpx track2.gpx ...]

Or did you mean something else?  Yes, some field to enter lat and lon
is probably convenient to have also.

> or have the tiling
> threaded, it can take some time to zoom out.

I think I would like to have it threaded also since the slowness is
starting to irritate me :-) Before I implemented the smooth scrooling
it was relatively fast...  So speedup of this is high priority.

> Whilst trying I ran in to a  bug:
>
> DRAW OSM FOR 58.6 58.2 16 15.2
> Set scale to 1600
> Tk::Error: Illegal division by zero at landsat.pm line 472.
>  Tk callback for .frame2.button6
>  Tk::__ANON__ at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/Tk.pm line 247
>  Tk::Button::butUp at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/Tk/Button.pm line 111
>  <ButtonRelease-1>
>  (command bound to event)

Ah, I have probably never tested up to scale 1600.  Thanks for the bugreport.

> > Notice that landsat tiles are cached and you can scroll smoothly just
> > by "moving" the background image.
>
> That is pretty. Is it projected? I couldn't tell.

What do you mean by projected?  It is very simple.  Nine tiles around
the center position are loaded and when you scroll outside nine more
are loaded (they are loaded only if they are needed).  So it consumes
memory...

> If you want access to the OSM subversion repository or anything else so
> that others can help and hack on your code and so on, you're more that
> welcome to have it.

I will work a couple of weeks more on it and maybe put som modules on
CPAN.  If other people are interesed to work on it I can put it in the
OSM subversion repository.

/Tommy