[Openstreetmap] Disclaimers on rights of way?

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 11:31:10 GMT 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

>How about a plain English disclaimer like this:
>The data in OSM is collected from individuals.  We can't make any claims
>or guarantees of accuracy because they could be putting any old garbage
>in our dataset.  Be sure to take this into account when using the data
>and don't rely on it for anything really important.

I'm all for making it simple and plain. But since we are making a disclaimer
to stop a user making a claim through the courts then surely it has to meet
the requirements of the legal profession and not us. If the plain English
approach is acceptable to them then I'm definitely for it.
I suspect they might have a problem with the legal definition of "any old
garbage" though :)

Andy