[Openstreetmap] Naming segments using applet

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 16:42:12 GMT 2005

This is good feedback Peter.

With respect to naming streets, it is intended that a number of line
segments can be selected and given an overall name. However this is not yet
implemented at the editor level.

No need to annotate every single line segment. That would drive me mad too.
At least a single instance between junctions and a few more dotted here and
there for longer runs will be sufficient to help users edit in the future.
This assumes that you continue to use the applet, which is only currently
capable of naming each segment and nothing else.

The problems with loss of line segments when editing only seems to affect me
at the busy times (UK evening). If I'm editing in the morning I rarely run
into this issue so I tend to do it then if I can to avoid the current
problem. Not an answer but at least a possible workaround.

I'll let others respond on the off-line editor capabilities. I do use Imi's
JOSM but not yet for live editing, only checking and cleaning up GPX tracks
when required.

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk