[Openstreetmap] Glitch in the viewer

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 10:35:55 GMT 2005

On 12/14/05, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the old problem still exist with, segments not being drawn if one
> of the points is out side the border of the image?
>
> I have a suspicion that it's still a bug, compare this road was not
> made recently.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=59.31137536817215&lon=18.003589&zoom=12.194602975157968
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=59.31137536817215&lon=18.003589&zoom=11.194602975157968

I'm not sure what I'm looking at there, but if you mean what I think
you mean, then it's not exactly a bug, it's more of a feature :)  If
the renderer picked up the segments which cross the bounding box, it
would be even slower...

Add an enhancement request on Trac, and I'm sure someone will get to
this eventually... nicer map rendering is on quite a few people's
wishlists.

T.

PS For those who don't use it yet, our bug-tracking and feature
requests are now at http://www.openstreetmap.org/trac and your
openstreetmap login details will work.  I'm seeing quite a few
repeated bug reports and feature requests to the mailing list, it
would be nice to get them documented there.  Thanks!