[Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 11:44:22 GMT 2005

On 12/16/05, Graham Wall <g.hamwall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/12/05, Simon Hewison <simon at zymurgy.org> wrote:
>
> >  From the landsat images (which we *can* use as reference), you can
> > frequently make out the route of the roads [...]
>
> I wasn't sure if that had been finally decided.

Landsat?  Has it ever been in question?  AFAIK, IIRC, IANAL, etc.
landsat is public domain, and derived works are totally safe.  For
some value of public domain, and a certain range of safe, given the
usual galactic disputes over what constitues a derivation, etc. etc.

Honestly, don't scare us like that!

Tom.