[Openstreetmap] Re: Funding OSM with donations?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Dec 28 17:36:43 GMT 2005

[Steve Coast]
> A variety of models are being looked at in order to cope with the
> project growing, technically and financially. Please bear with me on
> that, it could take a while but our current needs are fairly modest.

Sure, we should not rush it.  But we could discuss if we want to fund
the project using donations or not. :)

I rediscovered the gmane donation page today,
<URL:http://gmane.org/donate.php>, and used the HTML code there to
make a similar page for OSM, sending money directed to your paypal
account.  It is now done, and I hope it make it through to you. :)

We could very easily set up a similar page for OSM, and allow those
wanting to help OSM out financially to easily do so.

> You are welcome, any time you like, to buy me a birthday (I'm 25
> today!)  or xmas present of course.  Amazon will ship it and
> everything:

Sorry for replying too late.  Happy birthday and merry Christmas.  I
want to let the funds be spent directly on OSM, and am not convinced
that buying you presents are equivalent.  Not that it is a bad idea to
get you more books. :)

This is the HTML code needed to make a paypal button sending money
your way.  I hope it work, as I've already sent some money using it. :)

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"> <input type="hidden"
name="business" value="steve at fractalus.com"> <input type="hidden"
name="item_name" value="OpenStreetmap Fund">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="0"> <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="GBP">
<input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!"> </form>