[Openstreetmap] We'll pay for scans

Ted Morgan tmorgan at quarterscope.com
Mon Jan 3 00:13:32 GMT 2005

Hello,

I apologize for the spam, but I believe this is relevant to your
project.  We are building a global database of Wi-Fi access points to
use in a commercial positioning system (www.quarterscope.com).  We pay
individuals here in the United States to drive/walk the streets of major
cities with a GPS device attached to a Wi-Fi enabled computer.  If you
are familiar with wardriving, our technology is a commercial application
of wardriving data.

Since your volunteers will be scanning the streets of London anyway, we
would be willing to pay them if they collected wardriving data in the
process.  Let me know if your group would be interested in exploring a
relationship.

Ted Morgan
Founder & President
Quarterscope Solutions