[Openstreetmap] mapserver experiments with OSM data

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Wed Jun 8 23:36:49 BST 2005

* On  8-Jun-2005 at 10:52AM PDT, SteveC said:

> > One thing I would really love to see would be that same Landsat image
> > in the background of the editor. It might make the geometries a bit
> > easier to edit?
>
> its something we absolutely __need__ for 1.0, for all the aerial imagery
> we have.

I think that would be pretty cool! We've got a 70 meg tiled TIFF with
overviews of Landsat-7 for greater London that we can supply, either
directly or through our WMS.  MapServer handles reading the overviews
from the TIFF for us, which is super fast on the server side, and WMS
requests are basically a simple HTTP GET request, so that's one
option, but I'm totally happy to offer the TIFF image for download to
anyone who wants to play with it.

SDE