[OSM-talk] baby steps - nebie needs hand-holding - phase 2!

Zebedee Mason zebmason at f2s.com
Sun Apr 2 14:28:32 BST 2006

RolyMo wrote:

>Again, I'd appreciate any thoughts.
>
>1 Buy GPS device.  I am looking at the Garmin GPS60 following Nick
>Black's review in the wiki and further reading.  Is there a compelling
>reason to buy more adanced versions in the range if all I want the
>device for is OSM-related?

I've upgraded from an eTrex Vista to an Edge 305, which is a step change
in technology due to the inclusion of a Sirf StarIII chip. Suddenly I
can get a signal in the city centre and under tree cover. In the Garmin
GPSMAP range you're looking at the Cx and CSx models to get the Sirf
chip. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the relative accuracy of the
chip in the older GPSMAP models to the Sirf.

Zeb

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.