[OSM-talk] OSM web forums?

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Apr 4 15:34:54 BST 2006

"Tom Carden" <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote in message
news:16e8cf860604040719l4ba8e169h68942ccec7355cc4 at mail.gmail.com...
>On 4/4/06, Etienne Cherdlu <openstreetmap-L at gj0.net> wrote:
>> Having just introduced a couple of new folk to OSM I got some direct
>> feedback about first impressions:
>>
>> 1) Internet Explorer (with Script Debugging ON): A runtime error has
>> occurred.  Do you wish to debug?  Line: 25 Error: 'browserName' is
>> undefined.

>And then get rid of the browser sniffing thing in pngfix.js.

It would actually be a lot better to get rid of pngfix entirely, relying on
behavior's for functionality is a very bad idea, particularly for something
which is not relevant for IE7 and gives no noticeable problem if you have
behavior's disabled, the site is completely usable - although the zoom could
really be gif's there's no point having them as png's requiring png alpha.

Cheers,

Jim.