[OSM-talk] web site map enhancement, los angeles

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:06:22 BST 2006

On 4/5/06, Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote:
> On 4/4/06, Blars Blarson <blarson at blars.org> wrote:
> > Things I'd like to see on the map on the web front page:
> > (in decreasing importance)
> >
> > Show lat/long of center of displayed map
> >

> That one's quite easy, we should put that back in (the debugging
> version had it).  For the time being, you can get it out of the

Neither MS nor Google shows the lat long for the map, I think this is
the reason it was removed, and it's not very usefull to know the
lat/long most of the time. But I know a mapprivder in Sweden places
the lat/long + local grid on te bottom of the page in a tiny tiny
font.

So I'm not against it per se I just don't think a big "59.2312341123
17.9912391231" is very usefull. Placenames would be more usefull..

> > I've got a bunch of tracks mostly in the Los Angeles area.  Should I
> > bother trying to get the editor working (java thingy didn't) and
> > upload?

Always upload all your track.

Happy mapping.

--