[OSM-talk] Summary of the irc meeting.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Thu Apr 6 12:44:24 BST 2006

Hi

> Requiring a certain number of segments (or worse, a certain number of
> mailing list posts or wiki entries) isn't going to work.  How many
> segments does it take to write "HA HA YOU SUCK" in 12km high letters
> in the middle of the Pacific, and how long would it take us to notice?

That was the concern of some of us too, so we postponed the decision ;-)

> "Gays in the military ... here's how I feel about it, alright? Anyone
> ... DUMB enough ... to want to be in the military, should be allowed
> in. End of fucking story. That should be the only requirement."
>
> "Membership of OpenStreetMap ... here's how I feel about it, alright?
> Anyone ... DUMB enough ... to want to map the world using GPS tracks
> and java applets, should be allowed to be a member. End of fucking
> story. That should be the only requirement."

lol.

Nice compare, but unfortunatly its flawed.

You cannot be twice in the millitary, since you exist only once. You can
have two accounts on OSM or registrations at the ML :-(

And the other thing is, that OSMF need some income. Hopefully not much,
but some money is necessary to keep the tracks logging. So some of us came
to a conclusion, that this could be combined. (But as I said, the decision
was postponed ;)

> PPS I'd like to be a member please ;)

GAY!

(just kidding ;----)