[OSM-talk] Merging data sets (was: web site map enhancement, los angeles)

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 10:11:00 BST 2006

I concur with Imi's thoughts on this. We have no way of determining if
either set of data (User or TIGER) is the best, so it should be up to
editors to work at merging to find out.

So, why don't we do an import now for those few places in the US that have
active users? Then they can feel reassured and get on with good work? Is
this achievable, I joined OSM just after Ben had imported the Manhattan data
so I don't know how easy it was.

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk