[OSM-talk] Summary of the irc meeting.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 7 12:23:02 BST 2006

Hi,

> In a country where it's perfectly possible to use multiple names in every
> day life including getting all sorts of documents in other names than your
> own, it's quite easy to give enough supporting evidence to someone who's
> not expecting me to be someone else - without committing any sort of
> fraud.

I bet nobody really thinks that the resulting system would be completly
unavoidable.

So your conclusion is, that the security by using signed GPG-ids as a
requirement to become member of OSMF is too easy to bypass and the
problems we get with ensuring it at all aren't worth the effort?

Does anyone has real life experiences with web of trust in
not-cryptographic related[1] communities?

Ciao, Imi.

[1]: As example, experiences with a "Community to speed the development of
GnuPG" doesn't count for obvious resons ;-).