[OSM-talk] Swedish maps that lye...

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Fri Apr 7 14:59:21 BST 2006

Robert
The Map Features scheme at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_Features accommodates this
with:

hgv=no
motorcar=no
etc.

Possible values for Transport Mode keys:

   1. public (The public have right of access)
   2. private (The public do not have right of access)
   3. permissive (The owner gives permission for access)
   4. unknown (The access conditions are unknown or unclear)
   5. no (Access by this transport mode not permitted or unsuitable)

Etienne

On 4/7/06, Robert Scott <lists at riscott.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Friday 07 Apr 2006 13:45, Etienne Cherdlu wrote:
> > Not really related, but the BBC had a story a couple of days ago about
> > a "crackpot" GPS navigation system:
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/north_yorkshire/4879026.stm
>
> I was going to bring this up actually, but to suggest, now that we have tags,
> we start tagging ways that we know not to be good as a general thoroughfare,
> so that if someone ever makes a route finding system using OSM data, it will
> be able to avoid these (often quite literal) pitfalls.
>
> What would be the best way to do this? Simply adding a 'route = false' tag to
> the ways? Or maybe it should be finer grained that just boolean, seeing as
> sometimes going along the bad road is the best routing decision. Should there
> be a scoring system from one to ten to indicate the way's suitability as a
> thoroughfare?
>

> robert.

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)