[OSM-talk] Swedish maps that lye...

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Fri Apr 7 18:28:16 BST 2006

On Friday 07 Apr 2006 14:59, Etienne Cherdlu wrote:
> Robert
> The Map Features scheme at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_Features accommodates this
> with:
>
> hgv=no
> motorcar=no
> etc.
>
> Possible values for Transport Mode keys:
>
>    1. public (The public have right of access)
>    2. private (The public do not have right of access)
>    3. permissive (The owner gives permission for access)
>    4. unknown (The access conditions are unknown or unclear)
>    5. no (Access by this transport mode not permitted or unsuitable)

Hi,

This is fine for hard limits on what can and can't go on a road, but I was
wondering whether some kind of metric could be applied so that a routefinding
algorithm could do some magical weighting to choose to use the road only if
it is the most sane choice. I.E. If you're doing a trip from effectively one
end of the road to another it won't route you 30 miles around it just because
the road has been marked inappropriate.

robert.

ps- I should indeed read the wiki more.