[OSM-talk] long ways

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Apr 10 18:16:41 BST 2006

Using the editing applet, how do I join a long run of line
segments to a single way, e.g. the motorway E4 that runs 200 km
between Linköping and Stockholm?  When I use the way tool and mark
the first line segment, I can input the name and road type, and
then I can click all the segments in the current view.  Then I
click OK to close the way window, and pick the pan (hand) tool to
move to the next part of the road.  But when I use the way tool
again, and click one of the overlaping segments, there is no name
or road class.  I suspect that when I enter E4 and motorway again,
this is a new way, and not the same object as before.  Is that
right?  How should I do?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)