[OSM-talk] oneway != -1!

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Wed Apr 12 10:18:12 BST 2006

On 4/12/06, Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> (Unfortunatly, there is currently no easy way to turn the segment
> >> around. Volunteer hackers? ;)
>
> I'm sorry. The position has been filled ;-). If you want to volunteer for
> hacking, no problem, there is plenty of stuff left to do :).
>

> > Surely that's just a matter of performing a GET segment/segmentid
> > then swap the from and to attributes then PUT segment/segmentid, with
> > everything else the same?
Yes, in fact when Imi said that he was unlikely to do anything for a
couple of weeks that is exactly what I did.  A 3 line command script
that used curl to get and put and a call to an XSL style sheet to flip
the from/to attributes.

I used XSL because that's all I know.  And when all you have is a
hammer, every problem looks like a nail :-)

But a GUI interface in the applet is much much nicer and really appreciated.

Etienne

> The problem isn't to actually swap the data but to integrate it into some
> gui. I choosed to integrate it into the applet gui, which means:
>
> - added a <button text="Turn around" action="turnAround" /> to the
> corresponding thinlet-xml description
> - added a function "public void turnAround() {...}" to the handler class
>
> And that's it. Yes, that easy! :)
>

> <advertisement>
>
> YOU COULD BE AN APPLET HACKER! It's easy, everybody will love you and you
> can make a show of it at your next annual personal talk.
>
> BECOME AN APPLET HACKER. NOW. Just click
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/query?status=new&component=applet
>
> </advertisement>
>
> ;-)
>

> > or am I missing something?
>
> Well, First I thought indeed about providing a small ruby or bash script
> to do just the raw GET/PUT stuff ;-). But.. not very convenient, isn't it?
> *g*
>

> Ciao, Imi.

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)