[OSM-talk] long ways

immanuel.scholz at gmx.de immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Mon Apr 10 21:10:22 BST 2006

Hi,

> I suspect that when I enter E4 and motorway again,
> this is a new way, and not the same object as before.  Is that
> right?  How should I do?

If you close the property dialog with ok, the way gets added to the database
immediatly.

You can either don't close the dialog but choose the scroll button, move and
then return to the way mode and continue clicking on the segments until
finished.

Or you may choose the 'A' mode (property) after moving around and select your
old way, then go to the third tab (the segment list) and check the "change
segments" checkbox there. Then you can continue adding segments to the way.

Beware, that if you choose the second method, you create one history entry for
the way each time you modify it by adding new segments, whereas the former
method has only one history entry (but could be less robust to accidents).

Ciao, Imi.