[OSM-talk] Statistics on planet.osm.gz

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Thu Apr 13 09:13:28 BST 2006

"Immanuel Scholz" <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:5126.80.246.32.40.1144915583.squirrel at www.eigenheimstrasse.de...
> - All sets of ways that share a common name and which are chained together
> (where one way end in the start of the other): misuse of the way feature /
> TIGER import ways
> - ways without line segments
> - anything with id=0

I've not mapped any of these yet, but what do we do with Ways that change
names, or have multiple names, e.g. the A38 (a road going from the south
west of England oop north somewhere through the middle of cities) must be
called  about  300 other names, and the other names are the more important
ones in the towns and cities, but the fact it's the A38 is also useful?

Jim.