[OSM-talk] Mapping IoW (I'm a new person with possible interest in doing something)

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 08:32:25 BST 2006

Sent by:        talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org
To:     <talk at openstreetmap.org>
cc:
Subject:        [OSM-talk] Mapping IoW (I'm a new person with possible
interest in     doing something)

>I don't have a car and I can't ride a bike, so if I did anything it would
>have to be on foot. I would be coming over on a Portsmouth ferry and I am
>not 100% sure if I want to stay over night yet. I may only do one day as
>have university coursework to do.

Well there's always the footpaths to map, that's what I plan on doing as
a)I don't drive b) I can ride a bike but don't have one ATM and c) I like
walking :-) It's probably not feasible to map every footpath on the island
in the time unless a lot of people do footpaths, but focusing on the most
popular areas in the south and west of the island would help.

Nick