[OSM-talk] Mapping IoW (I'm a new person with possible interest indoing something)

Timothy Fintan Langner timflang at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 25 16:32:40 BST 2006

I am more than happy to map footpaths. I have an up-to-date 1:25 000 map of
the Isle of Wight so it would be fairly easy for me to find the footpaths
and then map them.

However I don't want to start mapping somewhere to find it's being done by
someone else. I also need to be able to get to and from places without any
big hassles.

Having said that if the footpaths exist on out of copyright maps then they
wouldn't need to be captured. Or would they? Am I right in assuming that
only changes are being captured as opposed to everything? Are the out of
copyright maps being digitised first?

As I have only just come across this, I don't know how it is all be
organised and carried out.

Timothy Langner