[OSM-talk] Apologies

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Apr 25 23:15:14 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 12:03:15AM +0200, Erik Johansson wrote:
> The problem isn't with the WMS server but the fact that you had google
> maps and OSM data no the same page, and you linked them with that
> little blue dot.  It's only about copyright scare, and that "link"
> between gmaps and OSM is not very good.

Isn't the copyright scare that information is going to be copied from
Google Maps to OSM? How is that any more possible in this case than it
is by opening two browsers and placing them side by side? (other than I
guess it drags each to the same place automatically, but there's still
no way to *edit* via this page...)

> I was trying to figure out what you meant by those projection errors,
> and then the page went Pasword protected. Very sad, since another WMS
> is always good to have.

How can you see projection errors without having the Google Maps
alongside it?

> > I'm just trying to figure out how I can bring what i had back up without
> > causing problems for OSM, and I don't know how I was causing problems,
> > so I don't know what needs to change.
>
> Just put up the WMS/webpage without gmaps.

But then you can't move the map around. Is that useful? I didn't find it
useful -- that's why I used the Google Maps hack to begin with, but if
people want to manually create mercator projection extents, I suppose that
I can do that. Note that I never set up WMS for it, as I don't really know
how.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer