[OSM-talk] Apologies

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Apr 26 00:06:34 BST 2006

* @ 25/04/06 11:15:14 PM crschmidt at crschmidt.net wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 12:03:15AM +0200, Erik Johansson wrote:
> > The problem isn't with the WMS server but the fact that you had google
> > maps and OSM data no the same page, and you linked them with that
> > little blue dot.  It's only about copyright scare, and that "link"
> > between gmaps and OSM is not very good.
>
> Isn't the copyright scare that information is going to be copied from
> Google Maps to OSM? How is that any more possible in this case than it
> is by opening two browsers and placing them side by side? (other than I
> guess it drags each to the same place automatically, but there's still
> no way to *edit* via this page...)

Yeah, it's totally possible for someone to do that - what I said was
that it wasn't *encouraged* (to make it easy for someone to do that) :-)

Apology: It's all cool. You obviously have javascript skills etc that we
could use. What would you like to work on? We have many things that
could be done with the tile code and everything else that need help.
It;d be nice to plot pins on the map!

have fun,