[OSM-talk] Apologies

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 23:56:23 BST 2006

Brief reply, because people have already clarified that it's only
putting OSM alongside Google Maps we don't like - manipulating and
presenting the data in new ways is *what it's all about* :)

Public apology much appreciated - like I said earlier today the
feedback is useful, but apart from the documentation problem (which
you already fixed) the other things weren't news to anyone who has
read the list much in the last couple of months.

I hope you stick around and find a way to contribute, and to consume
the data as you see fit.  If you can set up, run and maintain a WMS
server based off planet.osm then fantastic - that will take the strain
off OSM's own machines until they can cope.

As for picking a bounding box, that should be possible using OSM's
tile code.  It's a little flaky right now and could use some love, but
it basically works.  I've got some stuff in the works that should help
a lot with this in the coming months.

Best,

Tom.