[OSM-talk] Mapping IoW (I'm a new person with possible interestindoing something)

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 26 22:19:14 BST 2006

Immanuel Scholz wrote:
> Uhm... I am just curious:
>
> In germany, it is that *they* have to prove that you copied from them, not
> the other way round. So if you just don't copy all is fine.

thats the way it should be

i did a quick search on the topic and found this:
http://www.jurawelt.com/studenten/skripten/zivr/4958

in criminal law you have the principle "in dubio pro reo", where the
prosecutor has to prove that the defendant is guilty

in civil law (like copyright cases), its different
both parties have to bring evidence (Beibringungsgrundsatz) and
the court has to decide about the evidence

> For example in some
> countries (Italy?) police can demand that you prove you own some specific
> good, even without evidence that you could not own it. That's why they
> have to keep lots of receipts of everything, I believe ;)

in italy you have to retain the receipt "scontrino fiscale" when you
leave a restaurant or a store. a special police "guardia di finanza"
that belongs to the ministry of finance can control those nearby
(background was that stores and restaurants didn't pay taxes)

frank