[OSM-talk] db stats - deleted elements

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 14:56:52 BST 2006

Joerg kindly sent me the node/segment/way raw stats from the Aug 18 planet.
It reveals that the online stats page (via the wiki) misrepresents the
actual database contents due to the inclusion of deletions. The error is
small for nodes, less than 2%, presumably because it's more likely to change
the segment or way rather than delete nodes. Also, do I recall that the
early Tiger data for segments needed to be updated, so that may be skewing
it too?

The basic figures are below. There will be a small error in these values due
to the planet dump occurring a few hours after the raw stats for the 18th
Aug were written.

                                                Difference
                                                   as
                                                percentage
          Nodes on     Nodes in                 of active
         stats page     planet      Difference  elements
Nodes     13689463     13436254      253209      1.88%
Segments  10796543      9566333     1230210     12.86%
Ways       2953365      2548673      404692     15.88%

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk